*** CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION ***

"There is no amount of pretty in the world that can cover a venomous heart."

Ah, the irony! Rhonda Huntress said that, and she also said:

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/85/252954/3653.html (The quote in Rio's post, sixth post down.)

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/327/85/252954/3828.html (Top post.)


Monday 3 January 2011

Cliques

Everybody seems to delight in banging on about "THE (GD) Forum Clique" which of course does not exist, in conjunction with The Forum Cartel or any other formal grouping. There are just roving bands of like-minded individuals who gang up on anyone who dares suggest that their way of thinking might be misconceived in any way.

Then there is me.

But to clarify the situation, I thought I would try to identify the most obvious cliques in the GD forum. You can put your suggestions regarding membership (or ones I have missed) in the comments.

ShoulderChippers (aka Whinging Feminists)
PretenshusForegniers (aka "I speke Inglish gud so I do'nt need no speelchekker")
BSDMasters (aka Wimpish Wannabees)
UberLadiesThatLunch (aka Hyper Politically Correct HouseMatrons)
Illiterate EFLers (aka "i could wriet grammaticly but im such a revolutionery")
AnimaLuvvers (aka "I think LOLcats are the highest form of wit")
SoapBoxHypocrites (aka Single Issue Bores)
WalkingWounded (aka "I can be as bigoted as I like because I am ill")

PS  Not really a clique, but there is also the Pep's Alts group, of people wrongly identified as his alt because they have made the mistake of agreeing with him at some point, suggesting that they might appreciate his humour, or (Heaven forfend!) admitting that they enjoy his company.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to think about my membership, unless you have a suggestion for which one I may fit in?

    I am sure it's not:

    UTubers (aka 'look I can Google a clip with keywords from your post as a random reply!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly a subset of a larger group in the eyes of some, but there's also a healthy number of serial TOS-quoters worthy of recognition.

    (Affectionately aka tossers).

    ReplyDelete